This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

Bulk User Add - running on test server with no FTP

Discuss anything to do with extensions
72degrees
Donor
Donor

Bulk User Add - running on test server with no FTP

Post by 72degrees »

Hi,

Firstly thanks for your extensions. I use Sitelogo.

I have a test phpBB installation (3.3.3) running on Ubunto 18.04 under WSL. Not exposed to the internet or with FTP enabled. I just drop files on the mapped 'drive'.

The extension installs OK but naturally file upload fails (message is store not present or not writable). It is 777 and I can write to it from Windows.

However writing the Excel file to be processed direct to store does not permit that file to be processed.

By the way, image uploads to posts work fine on the test board.

Is there a quick work around for my scenario or will this extension only work on an installation on an internet hosted installation? I can set one up, but prefer to test out major configuration changes purely locally.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Re: Bulk User Add - running on test server with no FTP

Post by devspace »

Sorry but I don't know that installation. It does not have to be exposed to the Internet - I have run it on a Wampserver on a Windows PC without any problems/

72degrees
Donor
Donor

Post by 72degrees »

Thanks for the prompt response. Looks like it must be an incompatibility with my Ubuntu LAMP stack. I will test it on a different installation.

72degrees
Donor
Donor

Post by 72degrees »

Well it works a treat on :
MySQL(i) 10.5.21-MariaDB-1:10.5.21+maria~ubu2004
GZip compression: Off
PHP version: 8.0.30
Board version: 3.3.10

(Fresh installation Hosted on one.com)

No idea why the WSL installation doesn't. Time that was all zapped and reinstalled as at least Ubuntu 20 anyway.

Thanks. Donation made.

Quick question. Could this be tweaked to preserve passwords from a csv exported from an existing phpbb_users table (with the same version of phpBB database) ?

I suppose the quick and dirty fix would be to run the update first, then use SQL to join on the username and update the password [using MD5()].

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

72degrees wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 21:26
Could this be tweaked to preserve passwords from a csv exported from an existing phpbb_users table (with the same version of phpBB database) ?
Not simply because there is other code which would need changing as currently it not only creates a password but redirect the user to change their password when they log in for the first time.

72degrees
Donor
Donor

Post by 72degrees »

devspace wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 09:08
72degrees wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 21:26
Could this be tweaked to preserve passwords from a csv exported from an existing phpbb_users table (with the same version of phpBB database) ?
Not simply because there is other code which would need changing as currently it not only creates a password but redirect the user to change their password when they log in for the first time.
Understood. Still a very useful starting point for my requirements though.

By the way, a Wampserver phpBB 3.3.10 installation also works perfectly with the extension.

A fresh installation of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on WSL with 3.3.10 and PHP 8.0, however, does not.
Same error 'share folder not writable' yet Ubuntu confirms it is 777 and phpBB 3.3.10 ACP Backup happily writes the zip file to 'Store'.
Weird.