This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

[Split from][3.3.0] Forum Subs

Discuss anything to do with extensions
stone23
Donor
Donor

[Split from][3.3.0] Forum Subs

Post by stone23 »

Hello,
personally, I deleted all the extensions created by David63 because they are THE ONLY ones that give me a 504 error...

When I have an answer on what can cause this error I may try to reinstall them but not before!

david63

Re: [3.3.0] Forum Subs

Post by david63 »

stone23 wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 19:29
When I have an answer on what can cause this error
That error was caused by having to move servers and I believe has now been fixed with the downloads from here.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

david63 wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 12:44
That error was caused by having to move servers and I believe has now been fixed with the downloads from here.
Hello David63,

Unfortunately, I can no longer download without paying while it is specified that we can do 2 downloads per 24 hours:

Which is totally FALSE because I can't download anymore if I don't pay!!!!

THIS SITE IS A SCAM TO ME!!!!

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 15:23
You are entitled to your opinion but restrictions have had to be put in place due to certain members of this board abusing it. When a member downloads every extension then in my book that is abuse - don't know what others may call it!

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

I only downloaded 3 files and none of them work so donating is out of the question as long as I do!!!

phpBB is intended to be free and on phpBB.com, extensions can be downloaded without any problem!

So I find it abusive to ask for money for extensions as long as we are not sure that they work!
In addition, I had NO support!

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

devspace wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 15:42
You are entitled to your opinion but restrictions have had to be put in place due to certain members of this board abusing it. When a member downloads every extension then in my book that is abuse - don't know what others may call it!
I'm surprised, you say it's your extensions when it's those of david63 that you took over for yourself.
Totally agree with stone23, charging is an abuse.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

Fred Rimbert wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 18:31
charging is an abuse.
Perhaps you missed the point that all "donations" do actually go to david63

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

The idea is laudable, although I don't understand why since David said he was retiring from developing extensions.
I think that a donation, whatever it is, must remain at the discretion of the donor, otherwise we must speak of a subscription.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

devspace wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 18:53
Perhaps you missed the point that all "donations" do actually go to david63
So, if I understand correctly, David63 has stopped free support for his extensions on phpBB.com and offered them here as paid downloads...
We should stop hanging people for idiots!!!

david63

Re: [Split from][3.3.0] Forum Subs

Post by david63 »

Let me just answer some of these posts.
Fred Rimbert wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 19:23
The idea is laudable, although I don't understand why since David said he was retiring from developing extensions.
I actually said that I was leaving phpBB for, amongst others, the reasons that I put in my "Goodbye" post.
Fred Rimbert wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 19:23
I think that a donation, whatever it is, must remain at the discretion of the donor, otherwise we must speak of a subscription.
It is - there is no minimum donation and it is totally up to the individual as to how much is donated and once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited access to the downloads for all time.
stone23 wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 19:43
if I understand correctly, David63 has stopped free support for his extensions on phpBB.com and offered them here as paid downloads...
I have ceased being an active member of phpbb.com and handed my extensions to devspace who will support them - I may also add comments where appropriate.
Fred Rimbert wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 18:31
I'm surprised, you say it's your extensions when it's those of david63 that you took over for yourself.
devspace did not "take them over for himself" he agreed to do so and I still retain the rights to them.
stone23 wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 18:14
phpBB is intended to be free and on phpBB.com, extensions can be downloaded without any problem!
You will probably find that there are less and less extensions being made available at phpbb.com and there are significantly more available from other sources, where you have to pay for each download and/or pay to become a member of that board. This was not the route that I wanted to go down and I was prepared to allow all extensions to be free downloads but that generosity was being abused by certain members.

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

It's not a scam. If you don't think his extensions are worth his donation requirements, then don't donate.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 16:14
It's not a scam. If you don't think his extensions are worth his donation requirements, then don't donate.
Hello [Dimetrodon],
This is exactly my intention ;)

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

david63 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 15:33
You will probably find that there are less and less extensions being made available at phpbb.com and there are significantly more available from other sources, where you have to pay for each download and/or pay to become a member of that board. This was not the route that I wanted to go down and I was prepared to allow all extensions to be free downloads but that generosity was being abused by certain members.
I don't care how many extensions there are on phpBB.com!
What interests me is that when you pay for a service, it must work and provide FREE support!
However, this is not the case here!!!

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Donation is a way to say thanks (support) to someone, for their work/effort. In other words.. it is two sided contribution.
As much as i see.. Free support is available.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

GanstaZ wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 20:49
Donation is a way to say thanks (support) to someone, for their work/effort. In other words.. it is two sided contribution.
As much as i see.. Free support is available.
No, this is not the case...
I still have no answer on the malfunctions of the files I downloaded !!!
When I have an answer on the malfunctions, I might make a donation but not before !!!!!!
I don't throw money out the window!

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

stone23 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 18:10
[Dimetrodon] wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 16:14
Hello [Dimetrodon],
This is exactly my intention ;)
Hello.

And that's fine.

I can understand you disagreeing with his decision to require donations, but you're overly angry. You're acting like he stole money from you or something.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

STOP the nonsense, I keep saying that I will only pay if I have working downloads and we have support on each extension, but if you want to pay without having support, it's your choice but not the mine!

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

stone23 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 21:31
STOP the nonsense, I keep saying that I will only pay if I have working downloads and we have support on each extension, but if you want to pay without having support, it's your choice but not the mine!
I'm not a donor, as I'm broke.

That being said, I still don't see why you're so worked up about this.
Last edited by [Dimetrodon] on 14 Jan 2023, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 21:07
I still have no answer on the malfunctions of the files I downloaded !!!
Having read through your posts I cannot see any specific error being reported - only generalisations relating to david63 extensions. It clearly states in each extension that there is no support here for those extensions - only those under the devspace vendor.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

Ok...

Stop taking people for idiots, I'm trying to point out that David63's extensions, and they alone no longer work under phpBB 3.3.9 but if you don't want to hear anything, I'll stop bugging you then you don't want to hear anything!!!

So David 63 keeps his extensions to himself and I get out of this forum of charlatans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Is extension vendor name devspace or david63?

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

stone23 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 21:51
Ok...

Stop taking people for idiots, I'm trying to point out that David63's extensions, and they alone no longer work under phpBB 3.3.9 but if you don't want to hear anything, I'll stop bugging you then you don't want to hear anything!!!

So David 63 keeps his extensions to himself and I get out of this forum of charlatans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll:
Then report the issues and include screenshots.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 22:32
Do you read the relevant messages?
go back further in the subject... !

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

stone23 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 23:07
[Dimetrodon] wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 22:32
Do you read the relevant messages?
go back further in the subject... !
I just tried to access your site and not only is it automatically blocking my IP but I'm also getting [php debug] errors.

What else do you have on your site? Didn't you already disable all of David63's extensions?

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

Hello,
Indeed, my site blocks IPs from quite a few countries with the "Filter by country" extension and the debug is activated so it is normal to obtain certain errors in this direction