This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

[3.3.0] Forum Subs

Fully working extensions
[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Re: [3.3.0] Forum Subs

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

devspace wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 18:49
504 is a server gateway error - not sure how this extension would cause that and I certainly cannot recreate it.
It can be caused by a server not giving a timely response resulting in the server the client directly connects to (ie. the proxy or gateway server) giving that error. An extension can cause a 504 if an error it causes stops the server from sending information. The gateway or proxy server doesn't know what happened so it defaults to a 504.

If it is the extension that is causing this, it would be due to it not playing nicely with either the server's configuration or other pieces of software on the server.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

I found where the problem comes from and nothing comes from the server on my side but from the composer.json file of the archive that I downloaded and which is wrong!!!!!
I would like someone to give me the modification to this code:

Code: Select all

},
	  "version-check": {
        	"host": "version.phpbbdev.space",
        	"directory": "/versions/devspace",
        	"filename": "forum_subscriptions_version_file.json",
			"ssl": true
    	}
present in the archive that I downloaded and which is problematic !

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

Hello,
Since updating phpBB to version 3.3.10, I get 504 errors again...
Only the "Log Search" extension seems to work...
An idea ?

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 19:50
An idea ?
None at all.

You are using the same extension as previously and there is nothing in the update that would create any problems with this, or other, extensions.

There are no other reports of this behaviour and I cannot recreate it.

As you had this problem previously and it magically disappeared then I would suggest that you apply that same magic again - have you considered that the problem may be with one of the 100+ extensions that you have installed?

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

No, I tried to make the same modification on the composer.json file but it didn't work...
I then tried to deactivate these extensions and delete their data but I get the same thing by reactivating the extensions.
I will test soon by disabling the other extensions.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

I have tried to deactivate all extensions in my forum but I get the same result even though the extension works on my test forum...
I also tried downgrading the php version from 8.2.3 to 8.1.16 with the same results...

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 21:07
even though the extension works on my test forum.
If it works on your test board then it would appear that there is some problem with your production board and not this extension.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

devspace wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 08:07
If it works on your test board then it would appear that there is some problem with your production board and not this extension.
The last time I had the problem, the conditions were totally identical.
All extensions are the same and worked with phpBB 3.3.9...
I'm not saying that my problem comes from the extension, I'm just looking for ways to solve it.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

With phpBB version 3.3.10, when I try to modify as I had done with phpBB version 3.3.9, it is disabled and I am told that the file is missing...
so this solution does not work.

So I reinjected the original PhpBB files but it didn't change much.

All the links in the forum itself work ("memberlist" and "vieuforum")
Only links from the PCA result in a 504 error...

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

As I have said before I have no idea what you are doing, why you are changing code or why you are having these problems - nobody else has ever reported such problems and the code is standard phpBB code that is in all validated, and some non validated, extensions.

On your own admission there are no problems with the extension on your test board therefore it is not an extension problem but something on your board.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

Well, since obviously you don't even want to look for where my problem could come from, although I have already said that I am not questioning the extension, you repeat the same thing all the time and do not bring nothing constructive in this thread, so I'm going to close it and go ask for help elsewhere!

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Do you get that ACP error when specific extensions are disabled as well? In other words is it caused by extension/s or by phpbb?

About composer.json.. one wrong edit to that file will cause errors.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

GanstaZ wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 15:33
Do you get that ACP error when specific extensions are disabled as well? In other words is it caused by extension/s or by phpbb?
I have the same error 504 even when all the other extensions are disabled

GanstaZ wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 15:33
About composer.json.. one wrong edit to that file will cause errors.
I just tried to do the same manipulation as for phpBB 3.3.9 and which had worked but it doesn't work with phpBB 3.3.10, so I put the original file back of course

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Well.. there is a possibility, that some file/files are corrupted or maybe even db.
If test site is working and is on the same shared host as production site, then doesn't seem like it's a global issue.

Maybe switching out files/folders with new ones solve it, but i'm not 100% sure.

WinSCP is a good ftp program. The one suggested by phpbb community is not that good.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

I tried to put back the files of the forum without result and I am looking at the database...
My test forum is local with wamp.net.

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

I mean switch out files like we do with full package update.
If issue is not in files or db, then you may try to search google for 504 and try some suggested fixes.

If it's a pure server related issue that can't be solved by you, then only solution is to contact host as only they have the right tools/permissions to do it.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

I just reinstalled phpBB and the problem is the same...
My forum is hosted by OVH

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

If you do a fresh (vanilla) install & it has same issue, then you should contact your host.
If issue can't be fixed by methods that are provided by many sites that help to solve 504 error, then it's time to talk to OVH support.

It seems to be server (configuration) related issue or maybe there are some specific server or php errors. If you have access to those error logs, you may take a look, but if it really is connected to server, then only host may solve it.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 15:32
Well, since obviously you don't even want to look for where my problem could come from, although I have already said that I am not questioning the extension, you repeat the same thing all the time and do not bring nothing constructive in this thread, so I'm going to close it and go ask for help elsewhere!
As you have not provided any new information I find it difficult, if not impossible, to have any other response - however
stone23 wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 16:16
My test forum is local with wamp.net.
That changes things.

My guess is that on your production board you. or your hosts, have "allow_url_fopen" disabled

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

My php configuration :

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

devspace wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 11:35

You are using the same extension as previously and there is nothing in the update that would create any problems with this, or other, extensions.

There are no other reports of this behaviour and I cannot recreate it.

As you had this problem previously and it magically disappeared then I would suggest that you apply that same magic again - have you considered that the problem may be with one of the 100+ extensions that you have installed?
I wish you would stop taking me for a fool!
When someone has a problem that you have taken over the development of and on top of making the downloads chargeable, the bare minimum would be to research the problem!
Off, you keep telling me that you can't reproduce the problem but you never provided me with the required server configuration that I had asked you for!!!!

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

You said above.. that problem exist in fresh phpbb installation without any extensions.
Or am i missing something?

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

GanstaZ wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 20:46
You said above.. that problem exist in fresh phpbb installation without any extensions.
Or am i missing something?
No, I said that the extension works on a local forum, therefore, connected to no server...

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

stone23 wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 15:43
GanstaZ wrote: ↑25 Mar 2023 17:33

I have the same error 504 even when all the other extensions are disabled
Then what does that mean?
Does acp work normally on productions server when extensions are disabled?

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 19:41
the bare minimum would be to research the problem!
I have provided as much information as I can from what you have given me and I cannot do much more unless you are willing to give me full access to your board and server.

Whether some of this is getting lost in translation I don't know but some of the things that you are saying are either contradictory or just don't make sense and then you say
stone23 wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 20:01
I'm not saying that my problem comes from the extension, I'm just looking for ways to solve it.
If the problem is not with the extension then I am not sure how you expect me to be able to solve the problem.

I repeat
devspace wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 14:59
On your own admission there are no problems with the extension on your test board therefore it is not an extension problem but something on your board.
Also
stone23 wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 21:07
I have tried to deactivate all extensions in my forum but I get the same result
Which would imply that your problem is not extension related.

And I am not sure what this means
stone23 wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 22:09
I said that the extension works on a local forum, therefore, connected to no server...
How can you test without connecting to a server?
stone23 wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 19:41
you never provided me with the required server configuration that I had asked you for
Extension requirements are in the composer.json file (as with all extensions) and anything else is the same as for core phpBB.

One other question - are you using Cloudflare (or similar) which may be causing/contributing to the problem?