This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

[3.3.0] User Defaults

Fully working extensions
devspace
Owner
Owner

Re: [3.3.0] User Defaults

Post by devspace »

As for the other issue - continually asking the same question which has been answered several times, being aggressive, shouting and swearing will not achieve anything here.

By your own admission you do not have the problem on your local test board. As you can see other users do not have the problem. I cannot recreate the problem. All of which suggests that there is no problem with these extensions.

For the last time I am saying that the problem is with your board/server/hosting configuration and I have no way of knowing what that may be - it is conceivable that your host has something blocking the outgoing request or that your host has Cloudflare installed in some way at a high level (incidentally your site is using Cloudflare CDN - https://sitereport.netcraft.com/?url=ht ... creuse.net).

Have you asked your host about this? Have you checked your server error logs?

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

Since you react by telling me the same thing over and over again, I'll stop asking you for support and I'll solve my problems myself (which I started to do) or I'll seek advice elsewhere!
I've said this before but this time I'll apply it...

tread
Donor
Donor

Post by tread »

Version check on any ext can go down you being an ext writer should know this ;) 99% of the time it's a firewall or cloudflare issue that gets made when a host or server owner does important updates.

colevalleygirl

Post by colevalleygirl »

I've followed the instructions to install this (phpBB 3.3.10, PHP 8.1.27) and can see the devspace/userdefaults folder under exts but can't see the extension on the Extensions tab in the ACP. What stupid thing might I have done wrong, or might it be a theme issue (I'm using Metrolike, which is ProSilver based).

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

Have you enabled the extension?

colevalleygirl

Post by colevalleygirl »

The documentation tells me to go to Customise > manage Extensions in the ACP but I can't find anything like that.

(Sorry, this is the first time I've installed an extension so I possibly am being very stupid).

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

If you are not seeing the extension in the Customise tab then that would normally indicate that you have not put the unzipped files in the correct place.

colevalleygirl

Post by colevalleygirl »

I can't find the customise tab, only the Extensions tab.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 145558.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colevalleygirl

Post by colevalleygirl »

Ignore all this -- I don't have the right permissions. Apologies for wasting your time.

colevalleygirl

Post by colevalleygirl »

Using this extension and also 'Auto topic subscribe' should I be able to default Auto Topic Subscribe to Yes?

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

I am not able to see custom notifications from extensions. Only native ones. Would be great if I could see all of them.
And I do not see the option to enable Private Message PopUp either. :cry:

Is this something that you see to improve? Just let me know.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

Tarantino wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 13:53
I am not able to see custom notifications from extensions.
As there is no way of knowing what custom notifications there are then it is not possible to display them.
I do not see the option to enable Private Message PopUp either.
There is no Private Message Popup in core phpBB
Is this something that you see to improve?
No

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

I've an extension that was made for 3.2 that shows everything. (Made by ForumHulp) I didn't dig on the code to understand honestly. But only asked because I saw it and used it on the past.

"There is no Private Message Popup in core phpBB". Hmm is this something from 3.2 maybe? Or phpBB never had this in the core? I would swear it had.