This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

[3.3.1] Privacy Policy

Fully working extensions
Gingko

Re: [3.3.1] Privacy Policy

Post by Gingko »

I found the solution :
  1. Access your forum's database with either tool you have available (phpMyAdmin, mysql command line tool on SSH console, etc.), and execute the following SQL statement:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb3_ext SET ext_active = '0' WHERE ext_name = 'devspace/privacypolicy';
  2. Delete the forums's cache by deleting the /cache/production directory with it whole contents at file system level.
  3. Connect to the ACP and delete all [devspace] Privacy policy data under Customize -> Manage extensions (before eventually reactivating it).
It seems that I have activated the Block all links option without activating the Show privacy/cookie policy at once, which appears to be a good way to hardly lock everybody out of the forum, including its own administrator.
Gingko

RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Good afternoon. Does this extension replace the GDPR request from google adsense ?
Since google adsense says that -
Starting January 16, 2024, all publishers wishing to serve ads in the EEA and the UK will need to use a Google-certified consent request platform (CMP) . This may be Google's own solution or a third party service. First you need to set up a GDPR request.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

That is a decision that you will have to make. I cannot give legal advice.

RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Noticed one such oddity. When you enable a cookie policy in the advanced feature, the button to go to the last post of a topic disappears. And does not appear until you accept. Is this how it should be? It seems to me that this is a mistake.

chuppito

Post by chuppito »

Hello, it is impossible for me to activate the extension. If you have an idea. THANKS

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

chuppito wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 17:17
Hello, it is impossible for me to activate the extension. If you have an idea. THANKS

Why? What error are you getting?

chuppito

Post by chuppito »

I don't know why I get this error. I managed to correct it directly in the database by changing the values. It is activated but it does not appear in the ACP extensions.

If I understand the error, it tells me that an extension already exists but I can't find it.
"A problem was encountered during the database update operation. Changes already applied have been rolled back as best as possible, please check your forum for errors.

A module already has this name: PRIVACY_POLICY"

chuppito

Post by chuppito »

I was able to correct it and it works very well. I searched the database for the old name (david63) and I had 3 hits. I deleted them and everything came back to normal. THANKS

Richard Russell

Post by Richard Russell »

It irritates me that the Cookies message says "you need accept this policy" rather than "you need to accept this policy". To me, anyway, "need accept" isn't English; if there's an issue of space it could be changed to "must accept" which is pretty much synonymous with "need to accept".

This has been a longstanding annoyance, can it be fixed? Or does this message not come from the extension at all?

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

Richard Russell wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 09:55
This has been a longstanding annoyance, can it be fixed? Or does this message not come from the extension at all?
You are free to change any language that you want in the language file of the extension.

Richard Russell

Post by Richard Russell »

devspace wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 12:37
You are free to change any language that you want in the language file of the extension.
Maybe so, but surely the standard file should contain correct English. "Need accept" feels like a typo to me.