This board is the new home for david63's extensions.

All of the extensions hosted here will need to be treated as a new install as there is no migration from the original ones to these, and furthermore, no support will be given to migrating to any of these extensions from previous versions.

Due to the selfishness of certain board members it has become necessary to apply a limit of how many downloads each member can make before making a donation. Once a donation has been made then you will have unlimited downloads.

[Split from][3.3.0] Forum Subs

Discuss anything to do with extensions
stone23
Donor
Donor

Re: [Split from][3.3.0] Forum Subs

Post by stone23 »

devspace wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 21:59
I have just reread all of your posts and this is the first time that you have made any mention of all three downloads causing problems.

I have previously asked for details from the server error logs but you have not provided them.
You only read what you want to read:

stone23 wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 19:55
I keep saying it's YOUR EXTENSIONS that are giving me 504 errors and all I'm offered in return is to pay to be able to download!!!
I am not the developer of your extensions so it seems to me that it is up to YOU ​​to try to find solutions to make them work otherwise there is no point in resuming the "development" of the extensions in question!!!
The 3 files I downloaded here ALL give me the same error!

devspace wrote:
Also at no point have I asked for any payment for support - and there is no need to re-download any of the extensions that you have already downloaded as there have been no changes made to any of those extensions.
I never said that I had to pay for support, but i said i maid have to pay to dowload!!!
Indeed, if we can't download, we don't need support, since we have nothing!!!

devspace wrote:
If you are having a problem with a specific extension then it would help if you reported it in the correct topic for that extension.
That's what I've been doing since I signed up here.

devspace wrote:
As I have said before I am unable to recreate the problem that you are having - in fact all those extensions are installed on this board and work without problems - and have been downloaded many times from here without any reports of problems.
I'm just trying to find a solution to my problem but you seem not to want to do it so understand that it annoys me a little...

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

I think this extension would not be validated by phpbb.com, no doubt that explains the 504 error encountered.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

stone23 wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 00:05
I'm just trying to find a solution to my problem but you seem not to want to do it so understand that it annoys me a little...
So am I but you still keep talking about david63's extensions so I am unsure as to what we are talking about.

You keep saying that you get 504 errors but as yet you have not said when you get them, on what page you get them or what you are doing when you get them. It's a bit like phoning the garage and saying there is a noise from my car's engine how do I fix it. Without some details, or a crystal ball, it is impossible to give any explanation.

I have asked more than once for error log details - and none have been forthcoming. I have asked for vendor details - again none forthcoming.

devspace
Owner
Owner

Post by devspace »

Fred Rimbert wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 07:08
I think this extension would not be validated by phpbb.com, no doubt that explains the 504 error encountered.
On what basis do you make that assertion, and what is the connection with a 504 error?

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

Following your feud with phpbb.com David

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

I thought devspace was a different person. I am so confused right now.

I gave this another thought. I do not have the ability to download Forum Subs as I already downloaded three extensions, but I do remember one of the first extensions I downloaded here causing problems on a test board I used. This was before the limit was imposed, and it was fixed soon after it was reported, but still.

So it cannot be discounted that there is a massive bug in at least one of the extensions that is causing this.

I do find stone23's details to be sparse though.

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 14:23
You would open a forum by taking the extensions of another person and you would ask for money to compensate this other person? A little serious.
Also the way to name extensions in the ACP is similar [d63] - [devspace]

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

devspace wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 09:03
stone23 wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 00:05
So am I but you still keep talking about david63's extensions so I am unsure as to what we are talking about.

You keep saying that you get 504 errors but as yet you have not said when you get them, on what page you get them or what you are doing when you get them. It's a bit like phoning the garage and saying there is a noise from my car's engine how do I fix it. Without some details, or a crystal ball, it is impossible to give any explanation.

I have asked more than once for error log details - and none have been forthcoming. I have asked for vendor details - again none forthcoming.
I now know the origin of my problem and in fact, it was david63 who specified it here: viewtopic.php?p=280#p280 , which you don't even have restrained!

If I ask you to pay for giving me the correct code that fits in YOUR archive, will you do it ?

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Fred Rimbert wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 16:55
[Dimetrodon] wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 14:23
You would open a forum by taking the extensions of another person and you would ask for money to compensate this other person? A little serious.
Also the way to name extensions in the ACP is similar [d63] - [devspace]
True, but I do recall there being an implication that they were separate people, but yeah, I get where you're coming from.

And I'm sure you're correct.

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Hey Stone23,

David63 believes something on your server is blocking access to the version control file. A new download will NOT help you in this situation.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

But I no longer have the problem since by removing the version check code from the composer.json file the extension works perfectly even though I haven't changed anything on my server or on my htaccess file...
And since then, I have tested to put the codes in question and the exension still works....
Amazing, right?

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

stone23 wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 14:43
Amazing, right?
Reminds me of the minor tweeks I have done to extensions in the past.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

On the other hand, I cannot explain at all what happened since neither devsapce nor I modified our servers...

[Dimetrodon]
Donor
Donor

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Maybe bad data was cached on the server or something. Or maybe your ISP silently fixed an issue.

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Seems to be cache related, but not 100% sure about it.

stone23
Donor
Donor

Post by stone23 »

GanstaZ wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 12:33
Seems to be cache related, but not 100% sure about it.
No, I had cleared the cache multiple times, disabled all other extensions and re-injected the original phpBB files...